Welcome to the online home of the 1940s Family, Arthur, Lily, Freddie and Martha Rose!
We love to attend vintage fairs, tea parties, photo shoots, ww2 events or probably any other events you can think of!!
If you would like us to attend yours please email us - the1940sfamily (at) hotmail.co.uk.
If you just want to know where we go and what we get up to, read on ......
Love Lily xxx
Save

Monday 14 November 2011

Vintage Tea Party ~ Somewhere Else, Cirencester

Yesterday was the very last  'Lavinia's Vintage Tea Party' of the year. But what a lovely afternoon it was... We were bathed in golden sunlight whilst we waiting to go in!!
 
Arthur sporting a rather dashing jacket and cravat ensemble.


Period Camera - Honiton Antique Centre


Waiting for the Tea Party to Open!

Steady there Freddie!


 
Lucky Uncle George and Lady She compered the afternoon and we were entertained by singers and a Burlesque act by Dulcie Demure. Lots of lovely stalls tempted our pockets and we came away with a new dress and Hair Slide for Martha Rose! 

The afternoon ended with a fashion parade of the most finely turned out guests. Freddie and Arthur were picked along with some other fabulous looking guests to take part....

A rather nicely dressed lady called 'Olive' won the best dressed female prize and Freddie and Arthur won for the boys !
I must say he rather looks the part doesn't he!!!?





Hat & Bag- Charity Shop, Dress - Jusy's Vintage Fair, Coat - Pressie from Hubby
This was the only picture of me from yesterday! Taken by Martha Rose with the rest of the family in shadows!!  I didn't feel very glamourous yesterday, My hair wouldnt style properly and my dress / cardi outfit felt frumpy!! It a lovely dress really (you can see it from under my coat) The black sticking out just under the dress is the petticoat I made this week - now that did feel good! I also made the poppy too after all the inspiration on my blog last week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you all look fabulous! It must be so awesome to have an entire family with the same appreciation and passion for vintage. =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hope & welcome to the blog! Yes I am really lucky, my hubby and children all love dressing up as much as I do, my daughter possibly even more so!

    ReplyDelete